Saturday, March 12, 2005

Heels Lose

After consecutive come-from-behind wins over Dook and Clemson, Carolina just didn't have another comeback left in them today against Georgia Tech. However, I do think they'll still be a factor in the NCAA Tournament, and will probably still be a No. 1 seed. Maybe a day off tomorrow will do them good. These days, I think it can benefit a team that's already assured an NCAA bid to lose early in its conference tournament. However, I miss the days when . . . the ACC Tournament really meant something and only the winner moved on to the Big Dance. I still remember as an 11-year-old crying myself to sleep when the Heels lost to South Carolina in the 1971 ACC Championship game on a jump ball between Lee Dedmon and Kevin Joyce. Carolina went on to win the NIT that year, which back then was a decent tournament filled with a slew of good teams who just barely missed out on the NCAAs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home