Sunday, March 13, 2005

Oprah Winfrey

My wife and daughter and I were having dinner tonight with some good friends of ours, and the topic of Oprah Winfrey came up. We discussed the fact that Oprah really seems to have good intentions in what she does, but at the same time she's treading on some dangerous ground, especially in areas of New Age philosophies. One of the better commentaries I have read on this comes from . . . the Christian Research Institute (Oprah Winfrey and Her Self-Help Saviors: Making the New Age Normal). So if you're an Oprah watcher or know someone who is, I recommend that you give this a read. I strongly believe that as Christians we should really become more discerning in what we watch and how we watch it.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:08:00 AM, Blogger yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey:

Read your blog and noticed you are a college basketball fan.

Wanted to invite you to participate in the first ever and first annual NCAA Tournament Bracket for Bloggers (only), a "Bloggers Bracket" if you will.

The Bloggers Bracket site -- including the "Tournament Genie" is already live. After (taking two seconds to) create an account on my site, you'll be able to play around with the Genie (you won't be dissapointed) and, after the Selection Special, enter your picks.

Check it out at http://www.yocohoops.com.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://www.yocohoops.com.

P.S. If you like what you see, please add a blogroll link to my "College Basketball Blog" and, if possible, write a post about the "Bloggers Bracket" on your site. I'd love for the contest to become a blogosphere-wide event
P.P.S. If you add me to your blogroll and post about the "Bloggers Bracket," I'll add a link to your site from my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home