Monday, March 28, 2005

Why Morphine for Terri?

Last night I heard on the news that the hospice facility where Terri Schiavo is being "cared for" has started her on a morphine drip.

From LifeNews.com:

Terri Schiavo was able to receive part of communion on Easter Sunday and hospice workers have provided Terri morphine to be able to ease the tremendous pain associated with the dehydration and starvation she's endured for 10 days.

Barbara Weller, an attorney for Terri's parents Bob and Mary Schindler, said hospice workers are giving Terri morphine to ease the pain brought on by failure of her internal organs.

I just heard Rush Limbaugh ask . . . the same question that's been going through my mind since last night: If Terri is dying such a peaceful and painless death by starvation and dehydration, why the need for the pain killer?

And did you hear these comments from George Felos on Saturday (Felos is Michael Schiavo's attorney):
"She is calm, she is peaceful, she is resting comfortably. Her lips are not chapped, they're not bleeding. Her skin's not peeling. Frankly when I saw her . . . she looked beautiful. In all the years I've seen Mrs. Schiavo, I've never seen such a look of peace and beauty upon her."

I don't know whether I've felt any sicker during this entire episode than I did when I heard those words leave his mouth. It was chilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home