Friday, May 13, 2005

The Christian, the Church and the State

With all this talk about the situation in Waynesville, North Carolina, I'd like to recommend an in-depth, thought-provoking Biblical look at "the relationship between the Christian and the state, including the purpose and function of the state, the role of the Christian in politics, and the relationship of the church to the state," written by . . . Joel Gillespie, pastor of Covenant Fellowship Church in Greensboro, North Carolina.

The following four posts recently appeared on his Joelblog site:

The Christian and the State: Part I Post I

The Christian and the State: Part I Post II

The Church and the State: Part II Post I

The Church and the State Part II Post II: The Christian, the Church, and Politics

In these writings, Joel has set wise boundaries for Christians and the church to consider. I have to admit that after reading this series, I started rethinking my approach to politics as a Christian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home