Friday, May 13, 2005

The Word According to WFU

In researching the goings-on in Waynesville, North Carolina, I ran across this quote criticizing the Rev. Chan Chandler and his beliefs in an article published by the Raleigh News & Observer (free registration required): . . .

"When you believe in an inerrant Bible, then the next step is to have an inerrant interpreter and then an inerrant morality," said Bill Leonard, the dean of the divinity school at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem.

I guess all the preachers coming out of the Demon Deacon divinity school are being taught that there is no such thing as absolute Truth and that it's OK to pick and choose from the Bible whatever is morally relevant in today's culture. For me, I'll go with God's Word over Bill Leonard's.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:31:00 PM, Blogger N8 said...

If there is a such thing as absolute truth, couldn't it be that a book written by men, interpreted by men, and proscribed by men misses the mark when looked at objectively? I think that's what my fellow Deacon is really trying to say.

 
At Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:37:00 PM, Blogger N8 said...

I actually just posted a blog on my site www.piecesofreason.blogspot.com/. chek it out! (sorry to post twice)

 
At Monday, May 16, 2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Mickey McLean said...

N8:

Thank you for visiting my site and posting your comments. You are welcome here any time. What sets apart Chrisitanity and the Bible is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without it, we are "just another religion" out there making truth claims. With it, the Truth as revealed to man in the Bible is validated. The evidence is there if you care to seek it out. If you are at all interested, I recommend that, in addition to reading the Bible, you check out Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ, and Frank Turek and Norman Geisler's I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist. Of course, you are free to reject Christ, but I am praying that you won't.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home