Monday, June 27, 2005

Bill Clinton and Billy Graham

As most of you are aware, former President Bill Clinton joined Billy Graham on stage Saturday night in New York during what was likely Graham's final American crusade. When I saw pictures of them splashed up on my AOL welcome screen yesterday, I was somewhat surprised. Not because of any negative feelings I may have about the former president but because of something I read last week.

On Thursday, the Associated Press reported: . . .

In a sign of the elder Graham's continued influence, Franklin Graham said many public figures have asked to appear with the preacher on the crusade stage this weekend. However, Franklin Graham said he rejected their requests, because he wanted the focus to stay on the Gospel. He declined to say who had asked.

I wonder why an exception was made for Bill Clinton.

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 27, 2005 4:25:00 PM, Anonymous A. Samuels said...

Maybe they felt Clinton really needed to hear what was being said.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home