Saturday, August 27, 2005

Agents of Grace: Mission Greensboro

Local blogger Steve Sandercock of Gr8ful Coach's Corner blogs about today's Agents of Grace: Mission Greensboro.

Steve writes: . . .

Once again, it proved to be a very rewarding experience - to be a part of a large group (2,300!) coming together to serve the community. My wife and I painted at a school, our son joined with some friends to visit seniors in a nursing home, people swung hammers at Habitat sites -- lots of different ways to serve.

It was the second year that my wife and daughter and I participated. We picked up trash and cleaned windows at a local high school. Here's to having even more local churches and their members participating in 2006.

Like Steve in his post, I'd like to thank the hard-working Agents of Grace Board of Directors, especially my friend Ronnie Shelton, who also does a lot to serve our church. I'd also like to give credit to my buddies Timm Phillips, who helped sign up members at our church, and Tim Miller, who was our site leader today.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:21:00 PM, Anonymous BGH said...

Our group painted and helped the staff at Greensboro Pregnancy Center clean up a bit. It was great to see the center section of
First Horizon Park filled with volunteers early Saturday morning. Greensboro is our community - we should all take part in helping when we can.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home