Thursday, August 18, 2005

Faith-Blogging at ConvergeSouth

As Ed Cone noted earlier today on his blog, I will be leading a session on "faith-blogging" at the ConvergeSouth conference here in Greensboro, a.k.a. "Blogsboro" (October 7 and 8). I'm really looking forward to being a part of this gathering of New Media minds and honored that Ed would consider me to . . . lead a session on how people use blogs to discuss their beliefs.

Between now and then I would welcome suggestions from any of you other "faith-bloggers" out there (and commenters, as well) as to what questions you think might spark discussion from those in attendance. In other words, what are some things I can throw out there that would get everyone other than me talking? You can either post your suggestions as comments here, or send them to me in an e-mail at CCCBlog@aol.com. Thank you, and I hope to see many of you at ConvergeSouth.

5 Comments:

At Friday, August 19, 2005 1:32:00 AM, Blogger Richard Wolfe said...

Hi Mickey. I'm not a Carolina Christian Conservative, nor do I live anywhere near Blogsboro, but I do have a recently-established blog, and one of my posts is, in fact, the very essence of a faith discussion topic (or perhaps a faith-testing discussion topic). But I don't want to impose it on you. Rather, I'll give you the link to it, and let you decide whether to take a look at it:
http://randompunditry.blogspot.com/2005/08/did-jesus-know-socrates.html

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Mickey - Are you looking for suggestions that will lead to discussion about blogging, or discussion about faith-related issues? If it is faith-related issues, I find that most of the people I talk to lately are discussing things that are perceived as attacks on the faith (i.e. - the evolution / intelligent design debate). I might also suggest the topic of presenting Christ to a person with a post-modern perspective (look for this topic in an up-coming post on my blog). By the way, congrats! I am sure you will do a great job and have fun as well.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Mickey McLean said...

Thanks, Richard, I'll check out the link to your post this weekend.

And thank you, Tim. The session will include people of various faiths, not just evangelical Christians, and the discussion will most likely concentrate on how and why people blog about their faith, not necessarily the specific issues they blog about. However, how they handle such hot-button topics could come up. I look forward to reading your post on reaching post-modernists.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Roch101 said...

Will you be talking about homos?

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 4:55:00 PM, Anonymous Alex said...

Roch 101:

Would you like to?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home