Monday, October 10, 2005

The Blogging Pastor

During the faith blogging session at this past weekend's ConvergeSouth conference, we talked quite a bit about whether pastors should be blogging and what they should be blogging about. I mentioned to those in attendance that my friend Joel Gillespie of Covenant Fellowship here in Greensboro is a pastor who blogs. At his Joelblog, his posts offer up a mixture of ministry, music and mulching. In a post today ("Why Blog - Ten Reasons."), Joel talks about why he joined the blogosphere: . . .

[B]logging helps me be a better pastor. It is so easy as a pastor to become insulated from the community that is not part of the church. One forgets how other people think. One forgets what other people are passionate about. Blogging helps keep me on my toes. I'd like to meet more of you bloggers - over lunch, at the meet ups, at the park, on hikes - and not have the relationship be just "electronic." Real people lurk behind those crazy and funny pseudonyms and I really am most interested in real people and not just ideas, but even so, the exchange of ideas makes me a better person, pastor, and preacher, and for that I'm grateful.

Be sure to read Joel's entire post for all 10 reasons why he blogs.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Roch101 said...

Pastor Joel quoted by Bill Moyers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home