Friday, October 07, 2005

Live From ConvergeSouth

Here I am at the ConvergeSouth blog conference at A&T State University in Greensboro. This morning I'm sitting in on . . . a session hosted by Ed Cone and Sue Polinsky titled "How to Blog for Practicing Journalists and Journalism Educators." I probably shouldn't be in here, since it is a novice, "hot-to" session, but I was curious as to how Ed and Sue would introduce non-blogging journalists to the blogosphere. The interaction so far has been interesting. Ed's best advice was for novices to "read blogs," in addition to "don't drink and blog."

5 Comments:

At Friday, October 07, 2005 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Alex said...

“On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they [criticize] you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you (Matthew 10:18-20).”

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Roch101 said...

I met Mickey this morning and we greeted each other with a big hug (not "that" kind of hug.)

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 1:41:00 PM, Anonymous Woody Cavenaugh said...

I wish I could be there.
(I really wish I could have been there to witness that hug!)

Fencing fate has demanded I host a tournament this weekend, so naturally I miss everything.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Mickey McLean said...

BTW, it was a "how-to" session, not a "hot-to" one, whatever that would be. It was hard to type looking at a monitor through a glass-topped desk. Plus, this Apple guy was trying to use a Windows-powered machine!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Beth Marion said...

I wish I could have been there for the circle-of-love!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home