Monday, October 03, 2005

Well, If That Don't Beat All!

Forty-five years ago today Aunt Bee arrived in Mayberry, North Carolina, to live with her nephew Andy and his son Opie, and a classic TV series began to live in many of our hearts and minds. I can't say that I remember the airing of that very first episode ("The New Housekeeper") on October 3, 1960 (I was only 8 months old at the time), but I can certainly celebrate what this series has meant to me over the years. . . . Happy birthday to "The Andy Griffith Show." May you all have a "Mayberry moment" today.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:24:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Sun said...

Three words: Opie the Birdman. I'm cryin' over here.

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:23:00 PM, Blogger ragamuffinwriter said...

I love TAGS! Aren't you glad they finally started releasing the full season sets? I'm hoping seasons 2 and 3 will be under my Christmas tree.

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Mickey McLean said...

Thanks for stopping by ragamuffinwriter. Yes, I am glad Paramount is FINALLY releasing "TAGS" on DVD. I also have seasons 2 and 3 on my Christmas list (I was too cheap to buy them this summer), as well as (hint to wife) "The Bob Newhart Show" seasons 1 and 2, The Complete Thin Man Collection and The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection. . . .

And Mr. Sun, "But don't the trees seem nice and full?"

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home