Saturday, April 07, 2007

Me and R.C.


Three weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend Ligonier's 2007 National Conference, "Contending for the Truth," in Orlando, Florida. The trip to hear and see the likes of John MacArthur, Al Mohler, John Piper, R.C. Sproul, Ravi Zacharias, R.C. Sproul Jr., Steve Lawson and Joel Beeke came courtesy of my wife and daughter, who made this my combined Christmas and birthday gift. (Thank you, girls.) As you can see, I even got to meet some of my heroes of the faith, including R.C. Sproul (above). ...

I also met Christian uberblogger Tim Challies (right), who blogged away from the front row at Orlando's First Baptist Church so that people like me wouldn't have to take notes (but I did anyway). Be sure to check out Tim's excellent summaries of the sessions.

It was great to hear all these guys speak in person on apologetics and postmodernism, especially John Piper. His two messages, "Faith and Reason" and "The Challenge of Relativism," are available online at the Desiring God site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home